The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post to share a good experience I had today.

We so often feel uncomfortable or left out at birthday celebrations because there is so little we can eat.

Today is MY birthday & my coworkers went to a fair amount of trouble to ensure that my celebration included a cake made with part coconut flour, fresh strawberries, and frosted with real whipped cream - all sweetened with agave syrup, which doesn't cause a BG spike for me (I know it does for some, but I'm lucky!)

I was SO surprised. Not that they gave me a cake & card, but that they thought about what I could have to celebrate & still be healthy. So nice.

Just sharing ....:whoo:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts

Happy Birthday, goldengirl! And what a good work environment for you. It is pretty rare for non-diabetics to know these kinds of details and purely delightful for them to execute for your party! They care about you very much, I'd say!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Shanny! They are great - so supportive. And really, I know how rare that is ...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks, Shanny! They are great - so supportive. And really, I know how rare that is ...
That is so awesome! You are lucky to have such great friends. May I wish you a very happy birthday also :) :party:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Pam!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Golden Girl!!!

The kitty has a sugar free cup cake for you! :p

Richard :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I just wanted to post to share a good experience I had today.

We so often feel uncomfortable or left out at birthday celebrations because there is so little we can eat.

Today is MY birthday & my coworkers went to a fair amount of trouble to ensure that my celebration included a cake made with part coconut flour, fresh strawberries, and frosted with real whipped cream - all sweetened with agave syrup, which doesn't cause a BG spike for me (I know it does for some, but I'm lucky!)

I was SO surprised. Not that they gave me a cake & card, but that they thought about what I could have to celebrate & still be healthy. So nice.

Just sharing ....:whoo:
Happy belated birthday! You are so lucky to have such caring friends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts