The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Him,
My name is Sharon, I am 41 and have had type 1 diabetes for 7 years. I am married with 2 children aged 12 and 9. Big shock being diagnosed as no family history, nor did I have gestational diabetes and was otherwise fit and well! Just gone on to animas insulin pump 2 weeks ago, not off to a great start and was wondering how others have fared with pumps? Does it get any easier to navigate and how about having to wear the thing 24/7? I have had it fall out, rip out (line and all!) and 2 lots of un- explained high BGL's so far!!
Hi Sharon...I too recently started pumping...April 2011. I was very anxious at first but now I love it. HATE wearing it..not exactly fashion friendly..lol...but I love what it does for my blood sugars!! I went on the medtronic website and order some of the belts with pouches to hold my pump. One goes around your waist and their is one for your leg as well. I also use the really sticky skin prep before I do a site change. I t will help make it stick to your skin better..I was having the same issue at first with it peeling off. I love having a shower..just to be able to disconnect is awesome. I'm no expert but if you have any questions please feel free to send me a message.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.