The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Walmart today and got to the back of the store and couldn't make it back to the front of the store without the help of a salesperson. I have been having a hard time walking around the block. Is this a warning sign that I could be having problems with my heart? If things don't get any worse, I will wait until my June 4 doctors appointment and bring up the problem then. While I have good health insurance, I am going to work on these problems one at a time. I am concerned because I have 2 uncles who died from a massive coronary.

Years ago, I often told people that I would probably not live to see my 50th birthday and that has passed.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Since you've cleared that #50 mile marker, we'll stop worrying about that (;)), but this new thing is worrisome, Miss Breeze . . . mebbe panic attack, possibly?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Dont wait see the MD
you should be able to walk around walmart. If you have good Health ins, use it SEE the MD

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I agree, a thorough checkup of your heart should be done ASAP. In your case I think it should be done every year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to Doctor

Don't wait, If you need a recommendation for a good cardiologist, I'll call my father for you, he has been seen by doctors in Cincy, Columbus, and Cleveland...However, if they tell you that you are having anxiety or panic attacks, let me know...Then I'll tell you to call my father...

Hope all is well

Jeanne

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I went to Walmart today and got to the back of the store and couldn't make it back to the front of the store without the help of a salesperson. I have been having a hard time walking around the block. Is this a warning sign that I could be having problems with my heart? If things don't get any worse, I will wait until my June 4 doctors appointment and bring up the problem then. While I have good health insurance, I am going to work on these problems one at a time. I am concerned because I have 2 uncles who died from a massive coronary.

Years ago, I often told people that I would probably not live to see my 50th birthday and that has passed.
Shortness of breath can be caused by several things. But whatever is causing it, if it is a sudden change for you then it should be evaluated by your Dr immediately. I would not wait, I would call the office and have them work you in ASAP and get it checked out. Tell them you are having shortness of breath and describe any pain or numbness you might be having. Pain doesn't have to be just in the chest...it could also be pain or numbness up in the shoulder or down your arm. I am sure they will want to see you. Better safe than sorry, you know?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would like to echo the sentiments of the above posters... Get to your doctor asap. This may be your bodies way of throwing up a warning flare. Heed the warning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts