The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I posted this here once or not, but it is one of my favorites on these cooler October days.

1 lb Shrimp
2 medium Zuchs
Red Pepper
Green Pepper
1 Yellow Squash
3/4 cup of shredded carrots
medium onion
I like Jalepenos in mine, 4-5 of them
Clove of Garlic
2 large Beef Steak Tomatoes
I add a handful of the un-prepared coleslaw mix
Head of Cauliflower, grated, cooked with butter for 6 minutes in the microwave.

I start with a 1/2 stick of butter in a large pot, I put everything in there except the shrimp and Cauliflower. I let this cook down until a sauce forms from the tomatoes, then I add, Cumin, salt, pepper, Paprika, Thymne, Basil, and a small amount of Rosemary.

I heat up a skillet with Coconut oil and fry the peeled shrimp, adding, salt pepper and paprika to them as well. As soon as they are cooked I transfer them to the pot, I de-glaze the skillet with a small amount of tap water and pour this into the pot as well. I then add about 1/4-1/2 cup of Heavy Cream and let simmer until it thickens.

I mean to tell you, this poured over a bed of Cauli-Rice is something to smack your friend over for even looking your way.:hungry:

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
This really looks delicious. <heading over to the wharf to buy some shrimp>

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You guys living on your respective coasts with all your fresh seafood! Well I'm stashing this recipe anyhow - maybe I'll win the lottery & can import that seafood fresh every day!
<dreaming of fresh seafood every day>

·
Registered
741 Posts
This really looks delicious. <heading over to the wharf to buy some shrimp>
oh come here...they just jump straight from the water into our shopping bags lol

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys living on your respective coasts with all your fresh seafood! Well I'm stashing this recipe anyhow - maybe I'll win the lottery & can import that seafood fresh every day!
<dreaming of fresh seafood every day>
You know I thought about making this with catfish nuggets.

·
Registered
741 Posts
*jealous* crazy as it sounds...I'm disgusted at the price of seafood here...like you Shanny if I win the lottery Id eat fish all day every day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts