The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, granted, I'm only referring to weasly letches, so I'm not talking about ALL men in general, but jeezaloo, guys - try being a woman for 24 hours and put up with what we have to deal with . . .

I go to get the bus this morning, which is located right beside a newsstand run by an Indian man in his late 50's. He's always staring at me, telling me I'm beautiful, blah blah blah (I love it when guys can't think of anything else to compliment a woman on besides her looks), and then he offers to buy me a coffee and donut from the Dunkin Donuts behind his stand. I say, 'No, thank you, I'm diabetic.' and he says, 'Oh really? I've always wanted to know something about diabetes - can I ask you?' I said sure, thinking, what a great opportunity to educate someone about it. He leans in, licks his lips and stares down my shirt, and in all seriousness, says, 'I heard that diabetic women get these sexual urges and . . . ' Alright - BUZZER NOISE!! He had to go and be a jerk, couldn't just be a gentleman. And now I have to inconvenience myself by walking an extra block out of my way to get the bus just to avoid this creepy perv.

Oy vey....:boom:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Men are creeps. I wish I had a good comeback line but that would probably only encourage him. The one nice thing about getting older is I get less of those cat calls but I still get them at 61. Too bad you have to walk an extra block for the bus, though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Men are creeps. I wish I had a good comeback line but that would probably only encourage him. The one nice thing about getting older is I get less of those cat calls but I still get them at 61. Too bad you have to walk an extra block for the bus, though.

Isn't it something how these letches feel absolutely entitled to say whatever they want to a woman, no matter how disgusting or offensive? Unreal. I didn't even bother with a comeback line - if he hasn't gotten it by 50, he never will.

·
Registered
633 Posts
News Flas------ The ones that dont say it are thinking it. Since men think about sex something like every 3 minutes. I am sorry that you had the misfortune of running into such a rude individual.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
News Flas------ The ones that dont say it are thinking it. Since men think about sex something like every 3 minutes. I am sorry that you had the misfortune of running into such a rude individual.
... that depends many factors. I know in surveys of college-aged men it's ridiculously high. But yeah, most of us are hard-wired that way...

Seeing an attractive woman and having a thought flash through your head is one thing... However there is NO EXCUSE for acting lecherous.

·
Registered
716 Posts
bigrosiegreenbaum said:
Now, granted, I'm only referring to weasly letches, so I'm not talking about ALL men in general, but jeezaloo, guys - try being a woman for 24 hours and put up with what we have to deal with . . .

I go to get the bus this morning, which is located right beside a newsstand run by an Indian man in his late 50's. He's always staring at me, telling me I'm beautiful, blah blah blah (I love it when guys can't think of anything else to compliment a woman on besides her looks), and then he offers to buy me a coffee and donut from the Dunkin Donuts behind his stand. I say, 'No, thank you, I'm diabetic.' and he says, 'Oh really? I've always wanted to know something about diabetes - can I ask you?' I said sure, thinking, what a great opportunity to educate someone about it. He leans in, licks his lips and stares down my shirt, and in all seriousness, says, 'I heard that diabetic women get these sexual urges and . . . ' Alright - BUZZER NOISE!! He had to go and be a jerk, couldn't just be a gentleman. And now I have to inconvenience myself by walking an extra block out of my way to get the bus just to avoid this creepy perv.

Oy vey....:boom:
Do the world and nice guys a favor carry a colt. Too many people on the planet as it is. It would definitely help with green house gas emissions :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Now, I feel that I need to stand up for the decent guys on here. Some of us were raise by good moms and taught the right way to treat a lady, and yes we are disgusted by the ones who give us good ones a bad name.

Reactions: canadiandude

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Now, I feel that I need to stand up for the decent guys on here. Some of us were raise by good moms and taught the right way to treat a lady, and yes we are disgusted by the ones who give us good ones a bad name.
Yup, I was taught good manners.

Funny story - I was in downtown Calgary last summer, and was walking up to the West Petro-Canada tower - about a foot behind me was a lady in a business suit, and I opened the door for her... She stood there with this incredulous look on her face and said (quite loudly) "I do NOT need a MAN to open a door for ME." ... I was stunned.

Regardless of her attitude, I remain the same chivalrous gentleman my mom (and Grandma - she stressed manners BIG TIME) brought me up to be.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Write out 1,000 times, "Manners Maketh Man".

Sorry this happened to you Rosie. One thing that ought to distinguish humans from the rest of the animals is the ability to control our baser instincts.

Sad to say, but in this day and age I find it hard as a man to act the way I was brought up... offer to help a stranger with a heavy shopping bag and one is likely to be seen as a criminal; and I dare not even talk to children, for fear of being seen as a molester.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Never said guys should not carry colts. I always hold open doors for both men and women if it makes sense. Your lucky lucky guy - I can't wait till some woman says that to me. Guess I will have to visit the Petro Can towers more often :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... that depends many factors. I know in surveys of college-aged men it's ridiculously high. But yeah, most of us are hard-wired that way...

Seeing an attractive woman and having a thought flash through your head is one thing... However there is NO EXCUSE for acting lecherous.
Thank you!! I know for every jerk out there, there's 10 good guys! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.