The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chiropractor told me about an exercise that will stretch the hip muscles and supppsedly make hip pain better, or cure it as long as you keep doing the exercise. It has been working for me. I assume my hip pain came from too much sitting/lack of exercise, and of course there are different reasons for hip pain, so only try this if you know it is safe for your situation.

Sit on a not-too-cushy chair, cross your right leg over your left (right ankle over left leg) Sit up as straight as you can, then press down on your right knee and hold it for the count of 3. Let go and put your leg down. Do 10 repititions with each leg, do this 3 times a day.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sounds good. Have you tried any yoga exercises. I used to do a restorative yoga class and we did specific exercises for specific area of the body. In yoga when you hold certain positions and breathe deeply you force a new blood supply into the injured or inflammed area.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. Have you tried any yoga exercises. I used to do a restorative yoga class and we did specific exercises for specific area of the body. In yoga when you hold certain positions and breathe deeply you force a new blood supply into the injured or inflammed area.
No, I never tried yoga, but I did just now Google 'yoga hips' then went to the images. Hey, if you can do yoga, a pretzel ain't got nothin' on you, and I congratulate you. As for me, I think I'll stick with crossing & uncrossing my knees, thanks. :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
There are tons of types of yoga. I do the gentler kind of yoga, no pretzels for me. Most of the poses I do are stretches. Google Restorative yoga. By learning to breathe into the poses you force new blood cells in which helps heals injuries. There are certain poses that I couldn't even do when I was younger. Now that I am in my 60's my body just doesn't move in certain directions. But I can do deep breathing and I can do Meditation.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have developed much hip and back pain which has made it almost unbearble to do much excercise. Then the weight starts piling on again and I keep losing ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts