The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away for a little bit of time since my last posting so a little catch up...

since diagnosis two years ago in December 2008, I went from 110 to 155 pounds. Between my job and exercize in spare time, I keep very active which helps the BG level stay fairly stable.

My daily diet consists of an Atkins cinnimon breakfast bar in the morning with 1000mg of cinnimon, 1000 grams of Vitamin C and a one-a-day supliment. For lunch a small cup of Tuna salad and water. For dinner a bowl of fresh vegitables and measured portions of meat, fish and a little rye bread.

My daily caloric count averages 800. I rarely require snacks between meals now. Have no medication requirements and have a monthly A1C average of 5.8

My wife's support has been the most important part of my control, without her tough stands and being so willing to put up with the past two years, I couldn't be doing so well.

Above all else is the mind set. I have re-connected with the philosophies of Kendo and Bushido I practiced during my time serving with the Navy in Japan, that and a return to the benefit of strong reborn faith. Mindset is your biggest obsticle to control, treatment and prevention. When you can control the mind, you will control the disease.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello again, Dan. Good to see you've maintained your initial weight loss & your A1c . . . how's your b/p? You've really succeeded in managing with diet & exercise! Way to go, and thanks for the update! (come around more often, if you ever get a chance! :D)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been away for a little bit of time since my last posting so a little catch up...

since diagnosis two years ago in December 2008, I went from 110 to 155 pounds. Between my job and exercize in spare time, I keep very active which helps the BG level stay fairly stable.

My daily diet consists of an Atkins cinnimon breakfast bar in the morning with 1000mg of cinnimon, 1000 grams of Vitamin C and a one-a-day supliment. For lunch a small cup of Tuna salad and water. For dinner a bowl of fresh vegitables and measured portions of meat, fish and a little rye bread.

My daily caloric count averages 800. I rarely require snacks between meals now. Have no medication requirements and have a monthly A1C average of 5.8

My wife's support has been the most important part of my control, without her tough stands and being so willing to put up with the past two years, I couldn't be doing so well.

Above all else is the mind set. I have re-connected with the philosophies of Kendo and Bushido I practiced during my time serving with the Navy in Japan, that and a return to the benefit of strong reborn faith. Mindset is your biggest obsticle to control, treatment and prevention. When you can control the mind, you will control the disease.
My bad...my orriginal weight at diagnosis was 210 not 110.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again, Dan. Good to see you've maintained your initial weight loss & your A1c . . . how's your b/p? You've really succeeded in managing with diet & exercise! Way to go, and thanks for the update! (come around more often, if you ever get a chance! :D)
My B/P is averaging 170 over 70 at 65 rest.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Well done Dan!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts