The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use either the Silhouette or the Sure-T infusion sets for my Medtronic Revel 723. After I remove the infusion set I have some very colorful bruises that are 2-3 inches (76 mm) across. I am wondering if using skin prep or iv prep might help this situation? It seems to take the bruises forever to go away, thereby limiting my choices of infusion sites. Any suggestion are appreciated.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I use the Silhouette as well with the 723 and I don't get the same type of bruises you are talking about. I do get little sores or holes, but not a large bruise. It does indeed take some time to heal. I use the sticky skin preps, makes the set seal to the skin better. Do you do anything at all before putting your set in?

Cheers,
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeremy ~ I use only an alcohol wipe but I let it dry. Other than that I don't use anything. My pump trainer gave me a box of skin preps but never explained what they were to be used for. The directions on the box say it forms an invisible shield on the skin, so perhaps I need something like that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts