The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the week or so, I've had trouble keeping under 110, and the occasional foray into the 130s. :mad:

My diet's still pretty strict and I'm careful about shots. Not much stress ... I'm pretty lucky in that area at the moment.

Only thing that's changed, really, is that I've become just a tad more active. Am actually doing some real exercise. Nowhere near athletic level, however.

Oh, and weather's been weird to. We're just coming out of a cold snap.

Could a modest activity increase also cause a rise in glucose levels? And/Or, are we less weatherproof due to D?

·
Registered
10 Posts
In my experience the increase in your activity and exercise should lower your bg levels not increase them.

My experience has also taught me that increases sometimes happen for days or weeks at a time and they are or can be linked to so many different environmental factors such as temperature, your health - whether you are coming down with a cold - your stress levels - how well you are sleeping - so many things.

My experience has taught me that you can do the same thing every day - eat the same food at the same time - do the same exercise - basically have the same experience every day in every way, except your bg levels will change. Why? There is no exact science to managing this disease and it will be different for every person.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ken!

I'm still pretty new to this. Had lovely textbook levels for a time, but had begun to suspect my Inner Child was sneaking lollipops behind my back!

Think I'll blame the cold snap.

Reactions: foxl
1 - 3 of 3 Posts