The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coconuthead
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been LCHF for about 3 months and have enjoyed the benefits of ketosis, but today something strange happened. I was making a holiday eggnog using coconut milk cream and coconut milk, and I had bought about 8 cans of Goya coconut milk cream, but had some Goya cans on the shelf that were in Spanish so I figured I would use those up without checking the labels just assuming coconut milk cans in English vs cans in Spanish must be the same thing.

Made up the recipe and poured half a glass and began to drink and it tasted almost like straight sugar, thinking maybe I put too much stevia in it, but it was so sweet after about 4oz I stopped consuming it.

When I went back and checked the label of the old can it was like 22grams or sugar per serving. I am so upset as it also included sugar as the secondary ingredient. The new cans have no sugar added.

What can I do now that I have ingested about 4-6oz of this stuff. I am fearfully that I have done serious damage to my keto homeostasis.

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated. I am presently hydrating, but is there more I can do to lessen the damage?

·
Super Moderator
9,623 Posts
It happened, don't panic, stick with the plan. Let someone else have the rest of that batch of 'nog.

Do something strenuous to burn off the glucose.

Reactions: skypeace

·
Registered
495 Posts
It happened, don't panic, stick with the plan. Let someone else have the rest of that batch of 'nog.

Do something strenuous to burn off the glucose.
I would suggest run a 10k race first thing in the morning as that will take care of the glucose. if you feel up to it, continue on to a Iron Man 2nd phase 50 mile bike ride

Reactions: skypeace

·
Coconuthead
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would suggest run a 10k race first thing in the morning as that will take care of the glucose. if you feel up to it, continue on to a Iron Man 2nd phase 50 mile bike ride
:angel2: We would have to turn the clock back 40 years for that to have a glimmer of a hope of happening. Sure it would work, if it could work. :angel2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts