The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago, when I decided to lower my blood glucose, I bought some whey protein hoping to enjoy some smoothies for b'fast, but made one and discovered that it made my mouth and throat itch and swell. By coincidence a few weeks ago, I had some allergy tests and it turns out I'm highly allergic to whey, so I was glad I'd given mine to a friend who is also doing Atkins.

Then the search for another way to go led me to egg white protein and yesterday and today I've had smoothies for b'fast. Yesterday I made it by using my immersion blender with chocolate powder, egg protein, a touch of Truvia and whole cream! Yummy!

Today, I sliced up 6 large strawberries, cream and the egg protein and had a fantastic smoothie. 1 hr. PP was 105, so it barely budged, but wow what a treat it was. Now, I'll end up allergic to eggs I guess, but in the meantime I'll get more treats.

Any other ideas? I'd love them if you can contribute to my education!:)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Splenda flavored syrups rock -- Torani, DaVinci brands are good. They add another flavor dimension to your fruit or whatever.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Splenda flavored syrups rock -- Torani, DaVinci brands are good. They add another flavor dimension to your fruit or whatever.
ah huh...hazelnut with chocolate *drools*

any frozen berries...I love raspberries but they hate me lol

good job pat for finding something that works...I like it when it works and is also delish :)

I used to buy whey protein isolate and it was sooooooo expensive but the other day I bought whey concentrate...half the price and not flavoured...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts