The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so pissed off right now. Noone is taking me seriously right now not the drs not my partner I want to screem! Why am I the only one concerned about my sugar being high. they've been over 150 fasting in the morning and just get worst from there with the exception of today I actually got a 90 after lunch... I been felling really yucky headaches thirsty urinating like crazy and just drained... What do you do when ppl dont take you seriously?

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
You were looking into getting a new doc. Have you found one? Were you thinking of a new GP/Internist or an endocrinologist?

You need a partner in your health and I hope you can find a good one soon!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Im so pissed off right now. Noone is taking me seriously right now not the drs not my partner I want to screem! Why am I the only one concerned about my sugar being high. they've been over 150 fasting in the morning and just get worst from there with the exception of today I actually got a 90 after lunch... I been felling really yucky headaches thirsty urinating like crazy and just drained... What do you do when ppl dont take you seriously?
Scream! Go ahead!

There comes a time when nothing else works, so start yelling.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Breathe and relax. Try anyway. I would suggest change Doc's to get what you want in that sense. As far as your partner goes, try to explain the importance of that. My wife gets like that sometimes, at first I was freaked out and she was like "So what, it's not a life sentence, eat what you want to a few times a week" blah blah blah..........Now she totally understands how important it is to me to control this thing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes im looking for a new doc but no luck yet... As far as my partner gose she seems to think that just because I was ranging blood sugars in the 500 and 600's before that i should be happy and content with them being where they are now I guess what i'm not and for some odd reason when they where that high I had no symptoms and now that they are ranging 150 to 300 I feel like crap with dry mouth thirst and the constant peeing and headaches are driving me up the wall...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Your body got used to lower blood sugar and now it's up again consistently your body feels it. I don't know what to say or what to do. You have to get your doc on board with getting your blood in control again. I hope your partner comes to realize that you need her help and it's not something to be taken lightly.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
ignore everyone. those that are not sick, have no idea what its like to be sick

Reactions: foxl and Emily

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Is your partner open to learning more about diabetes? If she understood the damage high numbers do to a diabetic body, maybe she'd better understand why you're concerned. Perhaps printing out a few select pages from Bloodsugar101 as intro reading material?

Research Connecting Organ Damage with Blood Sugar Level is a page that's informative, with study links.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
You are doing this for you alone. Sounds like you are looking for affirmation and we'll give it to you until you don't need it.....it is your life we're discussing here. No one knows how you feel and it also sounds like you are having what I call the 'Atkins' flu and it may last a week or so just have patience and things will get better. ( or did I get that wrong?) I know a change in our blood sugars can make us feel awful anyway!

Also, do find yourself a good doctor. I do know how it feels to not be understood about your diet and health.

My own daughter argues with me about my diabetes. So, I just tell her and everyone else that it's my diet, with no explanation at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys I took a long hot shower and feel a lil bit more relaxed now I know stressing just makes thing worse... As far as my partner we talked and I think she just doesnt want me to stress which is a little hard not to do when you've been feeling like crap for almost 2 weeks and your stupid doctor is not taking you seriously and meeting your needs which is why he is being fired lol

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I just went through a period of increasing anger and high BGs. I totally empathize with your frustration (despite having a nice understanding husband).

I have done one thing that makes me feel better -- the Grand Meter Fling. Tossed that sucker right at the wall. Read about someone else doing it (they did not think it helped), and next time I was high and frustrated ... wham! It felt great. And the meter did survive .... darn it.

Anyhow, try to calm down as much as you can, meditate, whaddevah. And figure out a list of things to try, and run through them methodically. Then you can tell your NEW :)doc what you have tried!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
God knows I want to expecialy right now I just used it to check my before dinner number and it was 220 im not happy right now but trying to stay calmb lol

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
God knows I want to expecialy right now I just used it to check my before dinner number and it was 220 im not happy right now but trying to stay calmb lol
I know exactly how you feel, but fortunately I have a supportive spouse and a great group of docs. The unfortunate part is that we are in this thing alone to a certain degree. Nobody can make our numbers better but us. I had a 175 bg before dinner and no reason why so high. I ate very low carb today (prior to dinner I only had about 16 g of carbs between breakfast and lunch). I did have a string cheese after work (snack between lunch and dinner), and 2 cups of coffee. So I probably actually had about 20 g of carbs at that point. I took my metformin and 15 units of Humulog before dinner. We will see where my numbers are before bed. It is so frustrating though that I am eating low carb, no grain whatsoever! and my numbers are still up. Of course they are better than being in the 300's, but its an adjustment. I feel like crap last couple of days, but the doc warned me I would feel fatigued and crappy as my body adjusts to lower numbers. Hang in there. Work diligently to find a good doctor who will work better for you, and I was thinking about the symptoms you are having. Could you have an infection? Perhaps a urinary infection? That would also cause the constant urinating. It is worth checking out. An infection could also cause your numbers to be higher. Anytime the body is fighting something it will affect your bg's. Stress is horrible on bg's, and I am experiencing quite a bit of stress in my daily life right now as well. I'm also hormonal as I am pre or into menopause, so I've got alot going on.
Keep us posted and just try to calm down. Perhaps take up some boxing or something to get that frustration out! Sometimes it feels good to punch a punching bag and scream at the same time!! Just don't punch anything that is alive! haha
*Hugs* We will all get there :hug:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I just went through a period of increasing anger and high BGs. I totally empathize with your frustration (despite having a nice understanding husband).

I have done one thing that makes me feel better -- the Grand Meter Fling. Tossed that sucker right at the wall. Read about someone else doing it (they did not think it helped), and next time I was high and frustrated ... wham! It felt great. And the meter did survive .... darn it.

Anyhow, try to calm down as much as you can, meditate, whaddevah. And figure out a list of things to try, and run through them methodically. Then you can tell your NEW :)doc what you have tried!
That is too funny foxl! I haven't tried that yet, but unfortunately I have about 4 different meters, so I wouldn't have an excuse to not test! Sometimes I do skip testing just because I don't feel like getting depressed, but then my curiosity gets the best of me and I do it anyway! But, I'll keep the option of the Great Meter Fling in my mind!
Oh, and thanks for the laugh...I needed one today!;)

Reactions: Carolina

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought I was getting sick too but went to the er and i was fine just a bit dydrated and my sugar was 300 but the couldnt find anything wrong with me even had a cat scan because of my headaches and that to was fine so who knows what up just trying to stay relaxed

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I thought I was getting sick too but went to the er and i was fine just a bit dydrated and my sugar was 300 but the couldnt find anything wrong with me even had a cat scan because of my headaches and that to was fine so who knows what up just trying to stay relaxed
:confused:Well, you are doing what you can do. What meds do you take? If I remember correctly, weren't you on a pump and this doctor won't give you? I could be mistaken, or mixing up another person with you. Again, I know the feeling. I'm using long and fast acting insulin (4 shots a day) and Metformin along with supplements and I'm still struggling. It's always an adjustment, and everytime I have to up the insulin I feel more and more crappy. I hope that will get better once I get better control. :amen:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
:confused:Well, you are doing what you can do. What meds do you take? If I remember correctly, weren't you on a pump and this doctor won't give you? I could be mistaken, or mixing up another person with you. Again, I know the feeling. I'm using long and fast acting insulin (4 shots a day) and Metformin along with supplements and I'm still struggling. It's always an adjustment, and everytime I have to up the insulin I feel more and more crappy. I hope that will get better once I get better control. :amen:
Better numbers seem to come in steps, over weeks -- not one quick dive. It took me a few weeks to get them down (fairly) consistently.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am on 5mg of glyburide 2x a day and lantus at bed time supposed to be 32 units but ive been raised to 42 over the past 2 weeks and last night i went to bed with my bs at 142 and this morning woke with a bs at 145 so dont really now whats going on at this point

1 - 20 of 22 Posts