The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised to give you those yesterday, but unfortunely I was sick with asthma yesterday.

Shrimp salad
6 egg boiled for ten minutes
300 gram of shrimp
150 gram mayonaisse
a dash of lemon

Cut the egg in pieces and blend everything. Put it in a box with a lid and keep it in the fridge

Instead of shrimp I sometimes use tuna or ham.

Chickensalad
1 barbequed chicken torn into pieces
200 gram mushroom in slices and fried
200 gram bacon in pieces and fried
4 rib of celery in pieces

Have all the ingridients above in a box

Sauce:
150 gram mayonaisse
3 tbsp cream
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp curry
a pinch of salt

Blend the ingridients for the sauce, and then blend the sauce in the box with all the other ingridients. Put on the lid and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.

I sometimes add red pepper and a pinch of cayenna in it.

Blackeyebean salad
My absolute favourite bean salad is made with blackeye bean, and this one actually lowers my BG when eating it together with some fatty fish or meat.
I eat about 1 cup of this salad. Its really simple. I just boil the beans after soaked them over the night. When they are ready I flush them quickly with cold water and mix 1 tbsp vinegar with 2 tbsp olive oil and add a little salt and pepper, and have this over the beans while they are still hot.
When the beans are cold I blend it with one cucumber cut in small pieces and a bunch of chopped parsley. It is also very good to add a little garlic if you like that.
This simple salad is really tasty as a side dish, or if you have some ham, tuna, shrimps or fish in it, you can eat it as a little meal by itself.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Optimist, thanks for these, they all sound wonderful!

About your asthma...Since I've been on a drug regimen of Spiriva every day and Advair as needed, I've not had asthma after having it my whole life. Maybe it would help you if you've not tried it. Maybe ask your doctor.

Good luck and thanks again...gotta try these soon!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my asthma age 6 and have 60 % lounge capasity. I go on Seretide inhaler, Bricanyl turbohaler and Nasal Flutide.
For many years I could manage my asthma and didn`t have astham-attacks, but after I started to collect :rolleyes: auto-immune diseases, my asthma has been a lot more irritating, and it seems to love to tell me that I`m not the boss anymore....:rolleyes:
But I enjoy my days anyway, yesterday I stayed in a good chair, drank a good Numi-tea and knitted. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts