The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Well today I woke up and my bs was 159 before breakfest 2 hrs later 175 I had a scambled egg with small chunks of ham... Any ways I checked my bs before lunch and it was 110 I ate some shrimp with some garlic sauce decided to check 1 hr after I ate because i wondering where i'd be and I was at 90 a number I havent seen since last week when I had the same lunch which is strange to me has this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Hi all,
Well today I woke up and my bs was 159 before breakfest 2 hrs later 175 I had a scambled egg with small chunks of ham... Any ways I checked my bs before lunch and it was 110 I ate some shrimp with some garlic sauce decided to check 1 hr after I ate because i wondering where i'd be and I was at 90 a number I havent seen since last week when I had the same lunch which is strange to me has this happen to anyone else?
Yep, Got that tee-shirt.

One of the frustrations about this condition is there are too many variables - one day "this" happens, tomorrow, "that" - and we all swear that we'd done, eaten or whatever exactly the same thing.

Clearly our body agreed to differ. You'll get used to it.

:) John

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Many D's in the early morning get something called Dawn Phenomenom. This is the natural production of stress hormones which then signal liver to produce glucose through conversion of glycogen into glucose. In a non D with a stong insulin production then their pancreas would produce some insulin to push the gluscose into the cells. But with us that usually doesn't happen. Once you get up and move around and eat some healthy protein and fat our bgs drop because we have jumpstarted our pancreas to produce insulin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts