The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know but have learned that if you eat a high carb food and add a high fiber food with it, the impact on your glood glucose is reduced. This was a great discovery for me. I was served spaghetti with regular white pasta at work and I ate a small bowl of Fiber One cereal and had a acceptable rise in blood sugar. Usually when I eat white pasta (or potatoes or white bread) my sugar really spikes. This was a great discovery for me that I learned on WebMd.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know that, when you eat carbs that contain a lot of fibre, you can distract the fibre from the carbs. So that sounds a little similar.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yes, that is true Cathy. You remove the grams of fibre from the grams of carbohydrates so then you know how much Insulin or oral drugs you should be taking per meal.

Yes, I've heard of that from People that say it works for them but eating all those starchy carb foods in normal amounts also gained some of them weight. I can't see this helping People lose weight, especially the Type 2's. Anything is worth a try though, if they must eat all those carbs. Good mention Ruby.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I've heard of that from People that say it works for them but eating all those starchy carb foods in normal amounts also gained some of them weight. I can't see this helping People lose weight, especially the Type 2's. Anything is worth a try though, if they must eat all those carbs. Good mention Ruby.

Oh, good point. I will keep that in mind. Geeze, I knew it was too good to be true! *sigh*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts