The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I could get away with eating ANYTHING, before 3 pm ...

Too bad dinner is normally my "big" meal!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well why do you think Lin? like do you have a Davis Cup Tournament or someth'n!! You must be able to eat just about anything at 3PM.

And then again Linda, You are a trim lady, Are ya! so can I just say that insulin must work well in your body??

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not so trim!

But after 3, it seems anything I EAT turns into elevated BGs. Considering messing around with adding back Lev in the morning again ... waiting to see what the lower dose of T4 brings though.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
I swear I could get away with eating ANYTHING, before 3 pm ...

Too bad dinner is normally my "big" meal!
Yea, i was the same way when i was obese and before i was sick

·
Registered
663 Posts
... and it's not really that BIG. Honest ... :(
Aww Lin, We know what to do. Two things! Less of what's on our plate or workout with some dancing!! :D kick the carbs out!!!! :)

I know that you don't want to be a rabbit with that lettuce and you most certainly don't want to be like me with 275 Pounds!!! :eek::eek::(:( I want some help too. :yield:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww Lin, We know what to do. Two things! Less of what's on our plate or workout with some dancing!! :D kick the carbs out!!!! :)

I know that you don't want to be a rabbit with that lettuce and you most certainly don't want to be like me with 275 Pounds!!! :eek::eek::(:( I want some help too. :yield:
Peter, I actually have been eating a large afternoon snack, and skipping dinner -- it HELPS! :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Peter, I actually have been eating a large afternoon snack, and skipping dinner -- it HELPS! :D
Well that serves you right Lin, As long you Bolus properly!! ;) So did you do any cardio exercises before you have had the snnnack..... :rolleyes: I rode a bike today but there's a coffee shop... You can imagine what has happened. :eek:

Aww Linda, It's life.
:eek::eek::eek:
:):)
:D

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No bolus yet ... sometimes I WISH I could bolus!

I never, ever, ever eat at commercial establishments, Peter -- but today I OD'd on my own egg salad in low carb pita ...

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Oh lord . . . today must be the day. I fixed a BLT on a thin bun for my supper, and couldn't resist going right back & making another! Criminy! I may has well have had the leftover meatloaf with garlic-roasted red potatoes like I made for my better half . . . I'm sure the carbs were about equal! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well, as long as we are moaning about our reaction to food....last night DH and I went out to a late dinner at our favorite deli (sometimes my work hours really suck). I had some salami and cheese and raw veggies - NO BREAD. BG was fine when I went to bed (129), great at 3 a.m. when I got up to test (80) and when I got up at 6:45......234!!!!! I'm toying with the idea that I went low some time after 3 a.m. and had a rebound high. What a horrible way to start the day:mad:.

Jen

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Ouch! I'm sure glad you didn't fall outta bed like Breeze did yesterday when she woke up high . . . this is what's so bloomin' aggravating about the whole cussed condition . . . we go along doing all the right things, and where does it get us?! :rolleyes:

I'm off to get my glass of sherry, and hopefully head off my own drippy liver . . .

Well, as long as we are moaning about our reaction to food....last night DH and I went out to a late dinner at our favorite deli (sometimes my work hours really suck). I had some salami and cheese and raw veggies - NO BREAD. BG was fine when I went to bed (129), great at 3 a.m. when I got up to test (80) and when I got up at 6:45......234!!!!! I'm toying with the idea that I went low some time after 3 a.m. and had a rebound high. What a horrible way to start the day:mad:.

Jen

·
Registered
663 Posts
Aww Shanny, Can I interest you in a Tawny Port. :eek: As that's my little weakness. Just a wiff will get me awake from a sleepy low. :rolleyes::rolleyes::p Or maybe some good American Whiskey. Don't worry girls, I will watch the BG's

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Whiskey was my choice when I was young . . . bourbon & branch . . . but as spirits go, a nice dry sherry is more my speed nowdays. :D Just pour quickly - I'm nodding off awreddy! :D :D :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
but as spirits go, a nice dry sherry is more my speed nowdays. :D Just pour quickly - I'm nodding off awreddy! :D :D :D

So what is a good sherry today? I have never had a taste of one. But I am open to have a try. :cool:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Y'know what, Peter? Your tawny port & my dry sherry (fino) might be double first cousins. They're both fortified wines, aged in barrels . . . maybe we need to get together & do more research into this! Anyone else want in on this project?! :bounce:

·
Registered
663 Posts
maybe we need to get together & do more research into this! Anyone else want in on this project?! :bounce:
UUMMM..... Sharron, What would $25,000US would do?? as I would need that not without Jan, Cindy, Dewey... Have I left anyone?? :confused:

Let me just check the lotto ticket girls!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.