The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hanging.jpg

Often times we are hesitant (myself included) to communicate with others when things aren't going so well. Maybe we're having a moment (day) when we just need a place to vent for a bit. It doesn't have to be about diabetes. It can be about anything that is frustrating us, or making us feel like we're barely hanging on. Holding those moments in can cause the frustration to build up, so I thought it might be nice to have a place (an ongoing thread) where we could just sound off and vent!

Mine, is a tiny scream today, but nevertheless here we go.

My cat just jumped up on my desk, looked at me straight in the face, and promptly swatted my full coffee mug all over the pace.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
ok so this is a small rant but I probably go through something like this every day...

I've changed my lifestyle only about 11 months ago and I've worked very hard... I have not cheated even 1 time. I started going to the gym a few months ago. I started small... maybe twice a week or so and kept building... I am about where my weight should be and I promised myself that I will continue to get better and better for 2017 and beyond...

Here is my issue... Since 2017 I have probably been to the gym 16 or 17 times out of the first 20... it feels good to say that. I was in the gym for the last 6 days in a row... today I am struggling... I have a small pain in my hip probably from over working and I am going out to dinner tonight and I want to take a day off from the gym but I feel REALLY guilty. you cant imagine the struggle my mind is going through to just take a day off of the gym. Logically I know all the stuff I should know... A day off is good or you.... You need to let your body get a break... There is nothing wrong with missing one day from the gym. No one goes to the gym every day of the year... But I am still feeling so guilty.

Its not a big deal but its a struggle. I will take a break today and probably do extra tomorrow but knowing I'm going out to dinner tonight so I will eat more than I usually do (still keto but more food) makes me feel more guilty...

anyway... thats my rant for the day.

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fitbit.jpg

Normally, I will post these in the exercise thread, but today I am putting it here so that I can whine for a moment.

Oh my gosh, it is so much harder to start from the beginning again. It took me THREE walks to get my steps done today and my feet are not happy with me. For some reason, even my back is a little sore. (Maybe all the hills?) On the bright side, I am gonna need new pair of Nike.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
We were blessed to spend Thanksgiving with my youngest son and his family. They have a 2 year old girl and 4 year old boy. We then spent Christmas with my oldest son and his family. His girl is 10 and his son is 8. What more could a Grandparent hope for.....

My rant is...... my wife and I have been continually sick since we visited the Kiddo's with the little 'Germ Factories' all around. I think we need to get out more to build up our resistance.....Life's not Fair!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dropping things! Drives me nuts first thing in the morning when my back is aching and can hardly bend without grunting and groaning. I get the fork out of drawer and drop it. Then measure the distance in my minds eye and the fork is obviously going to take a painstaking effort to retrieve. After much deliberation I slowly descend with much crackling noise emanating from muscles and bones. Eventually after many eons I reach my destination and slowly ascend. I open the drawer again to get a knife and drop it, venture over to the window observing no neighbors and scream loudly outdoing many cockatoos in the vicinity. From now on paddle pop sticks.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
I can relate, Bargonia. My hands are very weak and dropping things is a continuous occurrence. The worst is when I end up spilling things and then have to clean up the floor.

Opening a jar is sometimes impossible. I have tools that help, but even with them I am defeated now and then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts