The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some-one told me the same thing a few days ago, but at the end of a long day all I want to do is sit down.
I work in software.. so all I am doing whole day is sitting. I am now trying to kick the habit of continuously glued to my seat. Walk around in the building at work. Today I observed that just standing is almost as good as slow walking. I googled it and I found so many sites.
Have fun sitting or standing.;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I too work in software. Instead of taking lift, I take stairs and climb really fast, almost running. 3 times a day, 5 floors. That helps.

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
I work in software.. so all I am doing whole day is sitting. I am now trying to kick the habit of continuously glued to my seat. Walk around in the building at work. Today I observed that just standing is almost as good as slow walking. I googled it and I found so many sites.
Have fun sitting or standing.;)
Mark Sisson has incorporated standing desks & computer terminals in his office. He also encourages his staff to be bare foot while at work and has introduced artificial grass carpet pads for them to stand and work.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Mark Sisson has incorporated standing desks & computer terminals in his office. He also encourages his staff to be bare foot while at work and has introduced artificial grass carpet pads for them to stand and work.
Have you seen the sit/stand desks? You alter the height automatically according to what you want to do...

Reactions: Philip

·
Registered
583 Posts
I work in a call centre, where I am on the phones all day, with anywhere from 90 minutes to 2½ hours between breaks. I always get up and walk around during my breaks, and (if I remember) I stand up and do some stretches every hour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts