The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a sample of this in the mail today and the sample was great. I tried to find out where to buy it and no leads. I hate when a company does this :mad:

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
grr :(

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Dumb question: Is this just Cane and Stevia crystals in the package? Or is it the two mixed into a 'hybrid' crystal?

If it's the first, I'm wondering if you could just by stevia, buy cane, and mix the two ...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dumb question: Is this just Cane and Stevia crystals in the package? Or is it the two mixed into a 'hybrid' crystal?

If it's the first, I'm wondering if you could just by stevia, buy cane, and mix the two ...
The sample looks like sugar but it has stevia in it. And there is no odd taste to it like some stevia added to sugar.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sun Crystals

https://www.suncrystals.com/mobile

My husband found them at a store here, though I can't remember which one - maybe Shop n Save. I'll ask him when he gets up.

·
Registered
718 Posts
He said he got them at Walmart... hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I haven't seen the Stevia and Sugar combo but most of the Stevia I find in the stores is bulked up with dextrose or malodextrine. So it still has carbs, YUK!!
The Sweet Leaf is the lowest I can find. I am still experimenting with using it in baking.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Let me know if he sees SteviaCane on the grocery shelf.
We'll keep an eye out... they have so many different ones out there now.

The Sun Crystals are the same thing - just cane sugar and stevia, no fillers or anything extra.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We'll keep an eye out... they have so many different ones out there now.

The Sun Crystals are the same thing - just cane sugar and stevia, no fillers or anything extra.
Ok....I might need to stay away from this, When I eat real sugar, I can't stop at just a little. :Cry:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ok....I might need to stay away from this, When I eat real sugar, I can't stop at just a little. :Cry:
LOL, I bet it would barely even register :) There's so little powder in those packs anyway and only a little of it is the cane sugar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts