The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I only had one disappointment at today's appointment, but it was something I kind of already knew in my heart. He asked me to accept that I would remain on the Metformin ER, probably for life. He said that I had excellent control of my blood sugar and to keep on living a KETO lifestyle, but that I needed to accept that I am not diabetic for common reasons, such as my weight is well within reason, and my nutrition and fitness was already within reason when this all started. (I had gestational diabetes through 4 pregnancies as well.) He blamed genetics, or possibly my cranky thyroid. Either way, as long as I can remain in the 5% club and the only med I have to take is Metformin, I can accept that...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
452 Posts
Congratulations Cricket on your excellent results you are a model for all of us to follow. I hope that I see those numbers next year.

As far as being on metformin for life; I have the feeling that I will be in the same predicament. Thus, the experiment that I am conducting with sublingual B12 in the hopes that I do not have to go on B12 injections in the future. Otherwise, I will need to look at alternate meds but none of them are really appealing to me at the moment.

Stay strong and be proud of your accomplishments.

Best,

fjk2013

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's kind of fun hearing the doctor use the term "KETO lifestyle" now.

The nurse had circled and marked the report that showed ketones in my urine test. He smiled and wrote down "Keto lifestyle" next to it.

It's hard to believe this grumpy old doctor has come so far (in terms of KETO discussions) but I am guessing he finally realized he couldn't argue with my results.

My electrocardiogram results came back perfect as well.

I am feeling very blessed today.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's kind of fun hearing the doctor use the term "KETO lifestyle" now.

The nurse had circled and marked the report that showed ketones in my urine test. He smiled and wrote down "Keto lifestyle" next to it.

It's hard to believe this grumpy old doctor has come so far (in terms of KETO discussions) but I am guessing he finally realized he couldn't argue with my results.

My electrocardiogram results came back perfect as well.

I am feeling very blessed today.
Congratulation Cricket. Please, may I know how much Metformin you are taking daily ?

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulation Cricket. Please, may I know how much Metformin you are taking daily ?
I take 2,000 mg of Metformin ER daily.

I normally take it all at bedtime, but he asked me to go back to 1/2 of it after breakfast (which I normally don't eat) and the other half after dinner. I may try it for a while, but usually, I end up forgetting to take it when it is divided like that, so I am still thinking that through.

P.S. I have tried less on multiple occasions, but my numbers were not as good as I like when I did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts