The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been about a little over a month since the doctor told me I was type II diabetic.

For the last month I have been tracking my sugar before bed and before dinner. I average 121.5 in the morning and 132 in the evenings.
I am taking metformin once a day (not sure off hand the dosage.).
I have been watching what I eat but not following any strict diet.

Everything I read says 70 and 150 mg is normal sugar level. SO if I am normal why am I sticking myself every day?

My doctor is in retiring and has been of little help, looking for someone new,but do I even need to?

gary

·
Registered
56 Posts
Everything I read says 70 and 150 mg is normal sugar level. SO if I am normal why am I sticking myself every day?

First off, hugs my friend.

I average 4 times a day still in the sticking department, yesterday it was more because we had extreme heat here in Washington state and I was doing a lot of water guzzling and swimming all afternoon.

Sticking to a careful daily routine until you are use to knowing the ups and downs is important especially fixing a stable 3 meal diet plan and snack plan that delivers the right amounts of carbs to stay within a target range.

Diabetes is a fickle adversary that can turn on you quickly if you lose attention and fall off the path you've plotted. It's also mentally and emotionally draining but don't go it alone or think you can do it alone.

Keep close contact with your doctor and keep up on information, knowledge is vital. The reason for monitoring is to catch problems early and deal with them decisively.

Have faith my friend, you are not alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts