The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of nights I have had very memorable dreams that are freaking me out a bit. I am saying yes to sweets! I have been eating lchf strictly for about 2 months. During the last week I have been to several holiday events with lots of homemade yummy treats. I have not even felt tempted or deprived. I am usually not hungry at all and that helps. Then I go to sleep and find myself saying yes to something much less appealing like a twisler!! While in my dream, I am screaming at my self saying "don't do it"". I wake up frustrated and worried that it is A sign of what is to come. If I am going to eat sugar in my dreams it could at least include a peanut butter cup.:rolleyes:

Anybody else have these unsettling dreams?

Valeie

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Do you check your blood sugars when you get these dreams. I've heard some D's say they have those type of dreams when their bg is dropping. Maybe it is your body trying to alert you to wake up and eat something. The other explanation might be that when we dream our brain deals with problems we have encountered during the day. So when you go to Holiday parties and are being good, your brain experiments with the alternative.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I`ve heard from several non-diabetic friends that they struggle with dreams of cookies, and all forbidden things for months after started living LCHF, but it pass away after a while.
For myself I`ve never experienced it, but I never had a thing for sweet even before diabetes (I was addicted to salty stuff like popcorn, potatochips, etc)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts