The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get some input from you all. I had a left heart cath done on November 1. I went back to get my results. I have a 50% and an 80% clogged artery. The 80% is in a place where they can not put a stent. The cardiologist said if they put a stent there it could possibly split the artery. So instead of putting a stent in they gave me a med called isosorbide dinitrate 10 mg tab tablet twice a day. Have any of you experienced this? If so, has anyone been put on a med and it did not unclog the artery? What would be the next step if the med could not unclog it? Thanks for all the advice in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,940 Posts
I don't know anything about this drug, but it doesn't sound like it is for unclogging of the arteries. It sounds like a slower working drug similar to nitroglycerine to prevent getting chest pain, but not for treating chest pain after you get it. You can google the name and read about it on places like rxlist, webmd, drugs.com, cardiosmart, etc.

Assuming it could unclog the artery, but doesn't, I would fathom a guess that bypass surgery would be next. I had a heart cath done in 2015, was told I had blockage in 4 arteries and none could be stented. That was on a Friday afternoon, the following Monday morning I had quad bypass surgery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts