The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my way home from Peru. My first flight from Iquitos to Lima was delayed and I get the pleasure of spending 24 hours waiting for the next flight home to alaska. The purpose of my trip was to go and teach at a pastors conference and it was a great time of teaching and fun with great Peruvian people.
Now my BG is a whole other issue. Due to the long travel I got all messed up only medication. After missing 2 days of my metformin I decided that restarting it while I was here might not be a very good thing. When I start on Metformine I need to stay close to a bathroom.20-30 min is about as far away from a bathroom that I dare get. Being is the jungle region of Peru, could make this a problem. I figured that a 2 week vacation away from my Managment plan would not hurt me, and I had been keeping my BG under control anyways.
Well I think this was not the best choice. My BG numbers have not been under 160 often spiking way higher. The biggest conch that I have had is vision problems. During the last 2 weeks my vision has become more and more blurry. I told my wife that after I get home and get my BG under control again if my eye sight does not improve I am going to see the doc.
I plan on making more trips to Peru so I will need to figure out a way to keep things under control.

Tracy

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The food choices are hard too. Rice, plantains, and yucka with most meals. The fish and chicken were amazing though. Couldn't eat veggies because of cleanliness issues

1 - 2 of 2 Posts