Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Struggling Newbie

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jane 
Welcome to our community Graham! I cut my carb intake to 130g per day. I had to do that gradually in stages and adjust a little bit at a time. I bought a treadmill and strengthened my leg muscles. Now I can walk one hour outdoors or on my treadmill each day. That has caused me to lose weigfht and my blood sugar was much better too. It takes a lot of willpower and patience to get good control of your diabetes. Good luck to you!

Richard

Hello Jane, welcome to our community! If your blood glucose was 9.3 because of the feast I don't understand why you wanted to change medications. Eating normally and following a low carb diet and exercising every day should have given you your normal glucose levels. If you are going to continue with the new medication then it may take awhile for you to adjust to it. Some people need several weeks to adjust to certain Type 2 medications. Good luck to you!

Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.