The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a govt study indicating that high fat is not the smoking gun for high TriGlycerides and LDL cholesterol:

Dietary Carbohydrate Modifies the Inverse Association Between Saturated Fat Intake and Cholesterol on Very Low-Density Lipoproteins

From the Results:
Fully adjusted models revealed a significant interaction was observed between carbohydrate intake and saturated fat intake on fasting TG concentrations. Over the whole sample, saturated fat did not significantly affect fasting TG concentrations. However, the effect of saturated fat intake on fasting TGs was mediated by carbohydrate intake; at low carbohydrate intakes, higher intake of saturated fat was associated with lower fasting TGs, but this effect had disappeared by the highest tertile of carbohydrate intake. Saturated fat was significantly protective against high VLDL-C levels over the whole sample, but this effect was only seen at lower carbohydrate intakes—the association between saturated fat and low VLDL-C was not significant in the highest tertile of carbohydrate intake.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
My chl was 200 with a 31 HDL, 105 LDL, trigs at 90. Which on face value doesn't look to bad but I did the NMRLiproProtein test which indicated all of my LDL was small and dense, not so good.

I did a 2 month therapy of 40grams of fish oil and 5grams of L-carnitine every day. Along with that I ate LCHF, as much sat fat, fats in general as I could. The result after 2 months, HDL 35, LDL 100, Trigs 38. Total Chl went down to 150. Still my LDL is all small and dense, working on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.