The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like most people stuff celery with cream cheese mixed with chopped olives and walnuts. I tried it, we don't like the olives in it and I felt like the cream cheese needed something. I thought about mixing peanut butter or soy sauce with the cream cheese, but I hate to experiment then have to end up throwing it out. I searched all the recipes I could find on this site, plus searched on the web but without any luck. What do you stuff your celery with?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I use just crunchy peanut butter by itself, and sometimes I use cream cheese by itself.

If you have any cheese ball or dip/spread recipes that you like, those would be good choices to stuff with. Here's one I've been partial to for about 40 years - Green Chile Cheese Ball, and here's one my sis makes which is a family favorite too: Pineapple Cheese Ball/Dip

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was a great tip about finding a cheeseball recipe I like to use to stuff celery. I found one that sounds good, will try it tomorrow, and if we like it, I will make it again, only thin it down some to use as a veggie dip. That will solve 2 big problems.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I dip them in tuna, salmon or crab salad. Cream cheese is great, too. I like mine with chives.

And sometimes, I'll just crunch on 'em plain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts