The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His year my boyfriend had a hard time filling my stocking since normally it would have been filled with junk food and chocolate. This year he found a website called low carb Canada that sells sugar free versions of some of my fav candies like jelly belly's and jolly ranchers. They are made with Splenda and taste just like the full sugar kind. I was so happy that he took the time to get me stuff I could actually eat

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I am OK with Erythritol but the expense is high for candy makers so they choose to use Xylitol, which runs thru me like water in a garden hose. Glad he found something to ease that sweet craving.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I do OK with some sugar free candies, but some really wreck havoc on my stomach, so be careful.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
May I ask how many carbs are in the candy? All of the sugar free candy I have been able to find is loaded with carbs, but if this candy is low carb, that would be great.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
May I ask how many carbs are in the candy? All of the sugar free candy I have been able to find is loaded with carbs, but if this candy is low carb, that would be great.
agreed.

all the "SF" candy ive seen is bloated with sugar alcohol (same as sugar to me) and carbs out the wazoo

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jelly belly (35pc serving) 37g carb, 8g fiber, 24g sugar alcohol
Jolly rancher hard candy (4pc serving) 16g carb, 0g fiber, 15g sugar alcohol
Jelly belly Gummi bears (25 pc serving) 26g carb, 9g fiber, 18g sugar alcohol

Not something to overindulge in but still a pretty tasty replacement

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
The sugar alcohols show as carbs but do not affect your BG. Since they do not get absorbed, they do show up in other places in your digestive tract eventually, which may or may not affect you badly. I haven't noticed a problem, but I do not gorge myself on them either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hate to encourage poor behavior, but since we are all adults and can take responsibility for ourselves I will offer this treat indulgence for your consideration. Whole foods market dark chocolate type truffles. 5 pieces are only 12g of C. Not sugar free. Purely decadent too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts