The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually drink Sprite Zero as it is called here and has zero everything on the label and doesn't seem to bother me. I just take a mouthfull every now and again and go through about 1L a day.
The shops in my little village didnt have any so I tried the 7 Up Free which also has a zero for everything. BUT I didnt look carefully - everything is 0 except it has a figure for energy. I was a little high all weekend.
So now where does the energy come from if there is nothing? I am going to have to read that label a lot more carefully. Probably some sugar alchohol or HFCS or something like that on the ingredients that they don't clasify as anything. Scary.
:confused::mad:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Im having dinner guests tonight. Bought more drinks and looked at the ginger ale for me. 0 Carbs, 22g sugar in a 1 lt bottle. For me it was coke lite with 1/3 water and ice....ugh . Dont want any more of that.

Bought dessert with loads of cream. Cant even lick the cream with all the sugar in it. I ll just be a spectator at my dinner table.

If it was just frustrating, but no....its depressing.

Sorry, my gripe or is it Monday blues....

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Energy may have been caffeine? Or "guarana" or whatever they are calling "energy" these days. Some artificial sweeteners will spike some people too. Check what sweetener it was using.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im having dinner guests tonight. I ll just be a spectator at my dinner table.

If it was just frustrating, but no....its depressing.

Sorry, my gripe or is it Monday blues....
It is the Monday blues. Decided to pull myself out of it, stir fried some chicken with garlic & woollies Cape Malay curry, lots of cream gently thickened and mushrooms fried off with garlic. Then went for a walk around the neighbourhood and chased everyone indoors with all the garlic. Now for a swim.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Rodney, how does it go......grapevines think alike or is it fools seldom differ:p

I cooked the curry and added a big chilli, it was hot. Made a spicey/lemon and yoghurt rice dish with it and 2 small side-dishes.

The garlic didnt chase anyone, but everyone was hot:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts