1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This is amazing information. I listened to all 4 parts of this lecture. Thanks to the original poster.

Reactions: PowerPumper

·
Registered
930 Posts
I listened to the whole thing and if his point is "eat real food" then I agree, but if his point is that the consumption of sugar is the only big problem, then I feel that he is over emphasizing his point.

ColaJim

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I listened to the whole thing and if his point is "eat real food" then I agree, but if his point is that the consumption of sugar is the only big problem, then I feel that he is over emphasizing his point.

ColaJim
I agree, but ... Sugar is but one component of an unhealthy diet. It is so important it deserves much more than Dr. Lustig even pushes. IMHO.

A healthy diet to me is very low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein, low in polyunsaturated fat, and wide ranging in vitamins and nutrients. The last point we all assume we know, but really, we are lacking in our understanding of what's in what and how it benefits us. Personally, I try for a variety of vegetables, fruits, meats, fishes, dairy, etc. I add a lot of spices to my foods, and I am now endeavoring to grow my own spices. For example, whenever I make a pot of coffee, I toss some dried mint leaves on the grounds. It adds a nice touch to the brew and [probably] adds a number of natural antioxidants.

Reactions: smorgan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts