The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

my father has diabetes from 6 months ago, apart from visiting doctor he is also taking the powder of blackberry seeds in empty stomach every morning. do you think it is reliable ? he believe in natural remedies.

Acupuncture can change the situation ?

Thanks,
Russel

·
Registered
5 Posts
If he believes in natural remedies. Than try to convince him to take herbal medicines. They are very effective and got good results as well.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Russel. Diabetes may be managable without meds, but the proof is in the pudding - what do his daily blood sugar tests reveal? What sorts of foods is he eating?

Jen

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The only way to know if it is working, is to test his bg when he wakes up and before and after meals. A well controlled diabetic will be close to normal readings. Under 100 whey you wake up and under 120-140, 2 hours after meals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stem Cell Treatement for Type 1 diabetes ?

Hello !

Is any body aware of the Stem Cell Treatment for Type 1 diabetes ? I have read a number of blogs and websites about the stem cell treatement in China, Brazil, and other countries. Has any of your known taken that treatement ? Is it safe ?

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
I have a hard time believing that you are from New York

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hello,

my father has diabetes from 6 months ago, apart from visiting doctor he is also taking the powder of blackberry seeds in empty stomach every morning. do you think it is reliable ? he believe in natural remedies.

Acupuncture can change the situation ?

Thanks,
Russel
The most reliable way to control diabetes is a low-carbohydrate diet combined with exercise and weight loss (if overweight).

Even holistic practitioners who offer acupuncture stress the low-carbohydrate approach first. I'm not aware of any solid evidence showing acupuncture benefits diabetes.

The only people that seem to suggest Blackberry Seed powder can help diabetes are those SELLING it.

Blackberries themselves are a very good low-GI fruit packed with important anti-oxidants though, so if people don't spike from them, they're excellent fruits to eat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts