The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this on the ALA thread and realized after that I wanted to make it broader, so I'm duplicating it here.

I have a question for all. I have some ALA on hand, but have gone into rebellion about taking pills period. At one time last summer, my endo had me taking about twenty or more pills a day and I just got sick of taking so many. Maybe I'm seriously wrong, but I know I need to take at least some. What would the minimum be besides a daily Centrum Silver?

·
Registered
930 Posts
For just you being more an American pre-diabetic with no complications than someone with frank diabetes going over 160 mg/dl and losing nutrients through kidney leakage, mostly really just some form of magnesium and a source of Omega-3 fatty acids and maybe extra vitamin C for nutrient supplements.

I asked this on the ALA thread and realized after that I wanted to make it broader, so I'm duplicating it here.

I have a question for all. I have some ALA on hand, but have gone into rebellion about taking pills period. At one time last summer, my endo had me taking about twenty or more pills a day and I just got sick of taking so many. Maybe I'm seriously wrong, but I know I need to take at least some. What would the minimum be besides a daily Centrum Silver?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts