The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen that a lot of people take supplements. I've seen Milk Thistle, Omega 3's, R-ALA, coconut oil, and vinegar. What is the benefit of taking these and are there others that is suppose to help?

I'm already taking Milk Thistle which is suppose to help with the liver and Omega 3 which is suppose to help with glucose lowering. Thanks all for every ones help.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I just saw an add for a supplement at Costco that has milk thistle and some other good things in it for your liver. I am thinking of getting it since the liver is so important to good bg control. I also use coconut oil as my major fat source. It helps you burn fat and it is supposed to lower the bad LDL cholesterol. I do have to say since using it most of my belly fat has disappeared. Vinegar, especially Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother in it is supposed to lower blood sugar if taken at meals. I think it may slow digestion. I haven't had good luck with it though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just saw an add for a supplement at Costco that has milk thistle and some other good things in it for your liver. I am thinking of getting it since the liver is so important to good bg control. I also use coconut oil as my major fat source. It helps you burn fat and it is supposed to lower the bad LDL cholesterol. I do have to say since using it most of my belly fat has disappeared. Vinegar, especially Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother in it is supposed to lower blood sugar if taken at meals. I think it may slow digestion. I haven't had good luck with it though.
"with the mother in it" :confused: What's that?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A gelatinous substance called acetobacter - it's what makes vinegar vinegar. ;)
Gotcha, so basicly if you want the effects of vinegar you have to get the liquid unfiltered version.. Not Pills

1 - 6 of 6 Posts