The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
WOW! thank you mr. AMA or should i ask if you work for my insurance company?
based on your simple thesis i shouldn't be anything close to resembiling a Diabetic
i don't do sugar (even in childhood) eat healthy and treat my body well, exercise daily, have good lab results (except for A1c), BMI of 23, and 20/20 vision.
so how come i was diag 6 years ago with preD and now have to stick myself daily with sharp lil objects...mmmmmmm?
your lil ol theory just doesn't fly here

and since i'm new i'll be nice

smile

+100000000000000 Well Said!! :rockon:

Reactions: Rad Warrier

·
Registered
235 Posts
Type 2 diabetes is the result of years of abusing your body through a poor diet & lack of exercise. Your body produces more and more insulin to break down the sugars in your body, and over time your body becomes resistant to insulin. Changing your diet and exercising can bring your sugar down & has even been known to reverse type 2 diabetes.

So the answer to your question is yes, eating a lot of sugar can cause TYPE 2 diabetes, but not type 1.
You need to go for a Diabetes Course 123 Mate!! Like the ones we learned here Diabetes bites hard in Manningham - Health - News - Manningham Leader

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Reactions: Rad Warrier
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.