The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recipe Here.

1 3/4 cup equals a 14 oz. can of Eagle Brand milk.

Low Carb Sweetened Condensed Milk

2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
6 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups Splenda

Whisk all ingredients (added in the order given) in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Cool completely, add to sealable non-metal container and refrigerate. Use within 7-10 days. Makes approximately 3 cups.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Wonder how it freezes? I'd like to have some on hand, but I rarely use it. Have you tried it that way? Sure would be handy to have on hand for the holidays.

Another question.....how do you make a 'hot' link as you did?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried this recipe yet. If someone else tries it, I hope they will post the results here. I have a no-bake cheesecake recipe I have been making for years that uses a can of Eagle Brand. 'Someday' I pln to give it a try. On the freezing thing, I'd say it has pretty much the same ingredients as ice cream, so why not try freezing it.

To make a hot link, copy the url to your clipboard. Type the words you want to link, then select those words with your cursor. Click the 'insert link' icon, then hold down the ctrl key and type a v

·
Registered
741 Posts
you could freeze it in an ice cube tray...that way it would be easier to defrost a small amount

Reactions: Patdart
1 - 5 of 5 Posts