Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Switching from pump to shots!

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Adjitater 
#1 ·
Hey! I'm a type 1 diabetic. I'm switching from my pump (I'm on about 30 units Humalog a day) to shots (Lantus as a flat basal and Humalog as needed) for about a month because I'm doing a program that won't allow me to use the pump. My blood sugars are really good, so switching over even just for a short period has me nervous.

Also...I haven't been on shots in years and am kind of scared of weight gain from the Lantus/new insulin/possibly higher dosages of them. I'm very slim and want to stay that way, don't want to balloon up. I calorie-count like a hawk and weigh everything I eat, so calories in won't be an issue--but so many people are always blaming their weight gain on new insulin or switching regimes that it's got me super nervous.

Any experience or kind words would be very appreciated. I'm a vain teenager. :)

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Well, twenty, so a poseur vain teenager (or a vain adult who should care about something else beyond her weight!). Still, I'd like to fit into all my clothes by the end of this, and with people reporting 10 pound weight gains overnight--well, alarms go off. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.