The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This forum was a great help the last time I had questions.
I get this feeling in my throat, hard to describe. The glands just below my jawbone. Not swollen or anything, just seems to be happening more often. I know it's not right. I can't explain to the doc what it feels like. It just happens some days & sugar level doesn't seem to be involved. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? Thanks friends.
Mike in Arizona
Type 1 for 23 yrs.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Dunno, but it might be a hidden periodontal disease, diabetics are known for having periodontal disease.

ColaJim

Hi everyone. This forum was a great help the last time I had questions.
I get this feeling in my throat, hard to describe. The glands just below my jawbone. Not swollen or anything, just seems to be happening more often. I know it's not right. I can't explain to the doc what it feels like. It just happens some days & sugar level doesn't seem to be involved. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? Thanks friends.
Mike in Arizona
Type 1 for 23 yrs.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
It is hard to say but a couple of years ago after a sinus infection I got fibromyalgia type symptoms. I had a lot of jaw pain, almost like TMJ and pain behind my ears. I was also on a statin at the time which I think contributed to some of the inflammation.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Difficulty swallowing may be a symptom of a thyroid problem.

But, anything head and neck -- get it seen, SOON.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
A'dock, you say it can't be periodontal disease because you have implants...I have to ask, if you didn't/don't have periodontal disease, why did you get those? And what makes you think they keep you from having continuing problems? A lot of diabetics have it as a side disease.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
A'dock, you say it can't be periodontal disease because you have implants...I have to ask, if you didn't/don't have periodontal disease, why did you get those? And what makes you think they keep you from having continuing problems? A lot of diabetics have it as a side disease.
Agreed - implants can cause problems too - abscesses can form & create symptoms from headache to neck pain & many other odd ailments which wouldn't immediately seem linked to teeth or implants. The two implants recipients I know both resulted from teeth being knocked out in accidents, so periodontal disease wasn't originally involved, but one of those people got abscesses many years later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts