The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im new here and intend on going to the doctor later this week but would like to prepare myself for any bad news i might receive. I have been experiencing some diabetic symptoms and i am wondering if these are somethings that any of you guys experienced.I am a 20 year old african american and I have been urinating a lot more lately and have been experiencing symptoms of cold feet at times but once they warm up i do not experience this. I also have noticed most of my fingers at the tips are turning yellow and it appears as if the yellowing is traveling down to almost the bottom of the nail. i do not feel tired often nor do i feel extreme thirst or hunger, as i normally eat maybe 1 to two times a day. I do not have blurred vision either havent experienced any weight loss and havent noticed any cuts or scars that are healing slowly or any infections. any information that you could give me based off what i have posted would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Only a doctor can diagnose diabetes. There are lots of cross over on symptoms. Also ask the doctor to do tests for fasting bgs, HbA1c and to test thyroid levels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only a doctor can diagnose diabetes. There are lots of cross over on symptoms. Also ask the doctor to do tests for fasting bgs, HbA1c and to test thyroid levels.
thank you for the response i will ask the doctor about those, im hoping that this is not diabetes or anything of that severity but the yellowing of the nails which has been going on for over a year and the frequent urination which started over the past month or so have me a little worried. when i do urinate often sometimes its not much but i do urinate almost every one to two hours, but dont wake up out of sleep having to do so

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Many times when we have infections it does show up in our finger nails. Have your doctor check you for a urinary infection or other infections. If it turns out to be diabetes, know that it is very manageable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts