The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All!!!

I've been wondering about low glucose symptoms. How do you feel when you're going low? What do you experience?

I'll try to describe mine.

First, I'll start getting a little lightheaded. And then I'll feel like my body is being weighed down. Often I start seeing starbursts. Other times I see black spots on colored surfaces, especially red.

What about you?

Cass

·
Registered
632 Posts
I get this unbelievable hunger and start to get a little shaky, no strength in the legs and I'll start to break out in a cold sweat. It's always been that way for me and I consider that lucky. I guess some people feel nothing at all and then they lose consciousness. That would be very scary.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never get the hungry feeling, but I do get shaky. I'm glad I still feel the symptoms.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The first symptom I have (usually) when I am going low is a spot in my vision, it is usually a bright red or yellow ring with a black center, kind of like what you get if you accidentally look at the sun or a bright light and it is there if my eyes are open or closed. If I get the "Eye of Sauron" I grab my test kit, usually I start getting the shakes within a few minutes of first seeing the eye. It used not show up until I was below 50, the last few times I was in the low 70s. I keep a bag of dark chocolate chips in the freezer, a small handful of them will usually stop the shakes and the eye will go away in a couple minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my symptoms

I get hyper / somewhat anxious / scattered thoughts, and lightheaded if I don't catch it - sit and eat something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
very dizzy, voices seem far off- fading in and out- i can hear them (like if i was watching TV at the time), but they aren't making much sense to me- Get confused, start shaking, sweating terribly, sometimes full body sweat where it drenches me if I'm having a bad episode, not hungry at all, or even thirsty for that matter, but get very weak- these episodes really drain me for hours afterwards- but i have other medical conditions that contribute to the weakness/draining when I'm stressed physically. Irritable, because of the confusion, I get very tired from it. Heart feels like it's pounding hard, and breathing becomes labored, like i can't catch my breath, but the breathing and heart pounding things only happens when i have a real bad episode. No real visual problems though-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts