The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday when surfing the web for lc recipes, an ad popped up for what I assume is a new product by T-fal called ActiFry. It's electric, you put the food in with about a tablespoon of oil, fasten the lid, turn it on and forget about it. It moves the food around so you don't have to stir, and fries the food.

It comes in 3 sizes and has a non-stick coating. I was wondering if anyone has one and if it works as advertised. Also, is there a health problem with using cookware with a non-stick coating.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Reactions: Spunky

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never heard of it, but it seems to have reasonable reviews on Amazon - Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: T-Fal FZ7000002 Actifry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker, White - though someone says it's more like an oven than a fryer since it's low-fat.
Thanks. I'm glad you found and posted those reviews before I bought it. It sounds like it does a good job if it is working properly, but the operative word here is 'if'. I'll wait until they perfect it and lower the price. If I ever get one, I'll add more fat to the recipes and turn it into a high-fat cooker. :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And I noticed most reviews spoke of using it for French fries!
Yeah, that's probably what most people use it for, but there is a website (I can't remember, it might be the T-fal site) where they have other recipes like stir-fry and fried chicken wings. I could do a lot of good low carb cooking with it if it wasn't so wimpy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts