The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im Trudy and have been diabetic type 1 for 17 years. last 3 of them have lost control and my AB1 is 9.5. Just thought Id join a forum as I am feeling misserable.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hi Trudy, and welcome to DF. If we can cheer you up and help you regain control, that's what we're here for. I think all of us get to where we'd like to just plain throw in the towel sometimes - and it really DOES help to have a place like this to come where people understand completely! It's enough to have diabetes without feeling bad too . . . :hug:

Thank you for joining us and let us know how we can help.

take care & keep us posted,

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Trudy, and welcome. Managing diabetes really can be a slog, can't it? How can we help you regain the upper hand?

Best,
Jen

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi Im Trudy and have been diabetic type 1 for 17 years. last 3 of them have lost control and my AB1 is 9.5. Just thought Id join a forum as I am feeling misserable.
Hi Trudy, glad you found us here. Its easy to get frustrated and just lose control sometimes. We have all been there. I was so out of control a few months ago that is was unbelievable. When I came here my A1C was 12.6 :( This place really helped to get me focused. Now I am eagerly looking forward to my next A1C next month. Even if it wont be perfect...it has to be an improvement!

Anything we can do to help you just let us know. We are all here to help each other out!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Trudy, I hope you have a good endocrinologist to help you with your control. Do you use carb counting to determine your premeal and presnack boluses? That helped me very much. Is it possible that you might be given approval for using an insulin pump? Type 1 diabetics with a history of poor control are usually approved for pumping.

I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6. After 64 years of Type 1 I am doing very well. My pump has been a blessing for me since June. 2007.

Richard

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Trudy welcome. Try not to be miserable. At all times look at the brighter side of your life and allow it to give you a smile. A calm heart help us to have a clearer understanding. Remember that you are the person who is in control of the disease and not it controlling you.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Trudy! Welcome! I am glad you found this forum, there are alot of really informative members on here. We are a caring bunch! I hope we can cheer you up! Visit us often and we'll see about getting you to feeling better! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts