The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
158 Posts
You are TOO funny, Shanny!! :)
At least you've been to sleep. I'm still camped out here at my computer and it's nearing the 4:00 a.m mark! YIKES!!
And, I don't even have a good excuse like you do. :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
One thing about living in Cleveland is that our teams never make it to any playoffs, so no late nights.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Shanny, I am looking forward to being at the Y tonight, because they have cable TV! That is a rarity for me, but, my, last night's game sounded exciting! Even if it is those Cards, and not my Royals ... :p

I was a Royals fan in the 80's and 90's, and might still enjoy a good game, given the exposure.

(we have no TV antenna, or cable, due to kids who hyperfocus on TV and not homework).

·
Registered
497 Posts
I ahve the same problem as Jwags, I live in Toronto, our teams don't make people stay up late or wake up to find out the score. They pretty much stink but I do watch, weird eh?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Several of our members live in or around St. Louis . . . you guys may have to get together one of these days & celebrate! heheh! ;) I'm stuck halfway across the state down I-44 toward Springfield.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
OMG! Did they EVER win! Whatever else happens this week, Pujols & Game 3 will go down in history!

This is his third home run of the game, tying Babe Ruth & Reggie Jackson records:
I tried to listen to the game online last night, but gave up -- too much going on in here! It may be the first time in my life I am saying, "Go CARDS!"

Was a huge Royals fan, decades ago ...

·
Registered
298 Posts
I didn't see it but was following along on Facebook. Hey Shanny did you hear extreme home makeover is taping at wayneville hs on Monday? I just love that show.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We weren't watching either - we don't have tv - and I tried to listen online too, but couldn't make it work. Everlovin' listens on an old MP3 player, to one of the local Cardinals affiliate stations. He enjoys the more complete play-by-play of radio broadcasting than he does the tv commentators. For Bronco games years ago, he would watch on tv with the sound turned off so he could listen on the radio.

And NO! I didn't know Extreme Home Makeover had come to town! I used to watch it now & again when we had tv, but it's been a coupla years ago now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry Shanny but hubby and I are rooting for Texas. We are actually Reds fans but since they didn't make it, we are pulling for Texas.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry Shanny but hubby and I are rooting for Texas. We are actually Reds fans but since they didn't make it, we are pulling for Texas.
We sure aren't going to hold it against you, Cin! :D C'mon in & make yourself at home here.

Welcome to DF! I hope you'll visit the introductions board to start a thread & tell us more about yourself & how you manage your diabetes.

Thank you for joining us! :wave:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Yes Jwags, we don't have to worry about our teams keeping us up late at night! HAHAHA

·
Registered
298 Posts
Shanny said:
We weren't watching either - we don't have tv - and I tried to listen online too, but couldn't make it work. Everlovin' listens on an old MP3 player, to one of the local Cardinals affiliate stations. He enjoys the more complete play-by-play of radio broadcasting than he does the tv commentators. For Bronco games years ago, he would watch on tv with the sound turned off so he could listen on the radio.

And NO! I didn't know Extreme Home Makeover had come to town! I used to watch it now & again when we had tv, but it's been a coupla years ago now.

It is apparently honoring veterans. Doors open at 4:30 and taping at 5:30. 700 tickets are available...go meet Ty for me...lol

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
BB

Let's see now...when you play CARDS and have a ROYAL flush, that's good, right? Is that what you are talking about??? :p

I live in New York and the Yanks have booted their chances of getting into the Series two years in a row...they cannot get passed the post season playoffs. The Mets are dismal, and yet there are so many Mets supporters. I don't understand that. I rarely ever watch baseball, but i was an avid fan when I was young. Seems like ancient history now. :(

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Mine: in a way I am grateful I am NOT impatiently moving little people out of the way in an effort to see the screen (ie fighting for possession of the TV, vs their videos) .... but I AM envious of those who got to watch the Series, for the first time in many years!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts