The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure Eric just being one year can attest to this. I always keep raspberries around as I love them and they don't seem to raise my BS as long as I keep it in moderation. But because I grow them I eat them year around and after being diagnosed it was one thing that I didn't want to stop eating. Funny though for years it was cream on them along with sugar. No lots of sugar. After being diagnosed I switched to cheap sugar (Sugar Substitute). Now I keep them in the refrigerator and I pick at them plain. No cream, no sugar substitute. I have lost my desire to have the sweet stuff even though at times I crave it if I eat it I get sick.

My wife just walked in the living room with chocolate cake and ice cream :rolleyes2: and I don't want any right now.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a greenhouse?

No but I have a garden that is about 100 feet by 125 feet. I have two varieties of raspberries so I get about a months worth. The rest of the year I buy them. I grow a lot of stuff that I should not eat. I have a lot of sweet corn, peas and snap peas. Snap peas are not bad. I am having problems emptying out the freezer because I don't eat as much as I did years before.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Put in a few more raspberry plants and learn how to freeze them. I did this for years and even then we always had extra to give away. Yah, I overdid it, but they sure were good! Now I have to buy them and they are expensive. I had reds, yellows, and one that was almost black.

What I miss most is the blueberry plants and the harvest of them. And these are very expensive now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts