This is great Tony! I am so happy for you. I am hard on myself also. It is the OCD in me. I want a 5.0! We will get there with the support of everyone on here/ Love this place!I have a scheduled doctor's visit on Tuesday. I had to go for my tests before that, which I did today. Here are my test results.
I broke into (barely) the 5% club but honestly I was expecting a much lower HbA1C
The numbers in the bracket are what I got last month (at 2 months from DX)
1. HbA1c has dropped from 12.7(Dx) to 5.9 (6.8) but
2. Total Cholestrol dropped from 243(Dx) to 190 (195)
3. LDL dropped from 186(Dx) to 133 (123) but
4. HDL increased from 29(Dx) to 36 (34)
5. Triglicirides dropped from 232(Dx) to 121 (197)
6. Fasting today at the lab was 93
7. Ketones detected (+) in urine
8. The Urine Routine has not detected protein this time but waiting for MAU report
9. The MAU report is awaited. Will update the thread later tonight
10. Lost 40 Lbs so far. 45 more to go !
Observations / Concerns/ Your comments requested
1. LDL has dropped over a 3 month period but it has actually has gone up in the last one month.My LDL was 123 at a random test one month back (It's gone up by 10 points). I was expecting it to drop further.
2. Ketones in Urine. Is this normal because of the ketogenic diet ? should I be worried ?
3. How the heck is my HbA1C 5.9 ? That is a mean blood sugar level of 122. I've hardly had a reading over 120 for a long time. I have been averaging 103 for the last three months and I test 5-6 times a day. There is no way in the world my average BG can be 122 over the last 3 months. (can the 4th month make an impact ?)
I was expecting a HbA1c of 5.3, I would have been happy at 5.5, not this. Will try my luck again next time