The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My everlovin' had his lipids panel done today, and it just goes to show ya, low-carbing is good for what ails ALL of us! Doc knows he's been eating what I eat for the most part, and even attached a note to the results saying "Tell Shannon to keep feeding you whatever she is currently doing." ROFL!

Here are his levels from the most recent years - he's 76 years old, 5'11½" & his weight is stable at about 205-210. Diet is the only thing that changed, and that, only since I was diagnosed with D! heheh!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
What great results. Your 'everlovin' is lucky to have his own personal chef :) :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - his drop in triglycerides just knocked me OUT! :eek: Bearing in mind too, that we do NOT restrict fats!!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Awesome! I've always heard and read this was true, but it's awesome to actually see the proof :)

I really want to get my dad on low carb considering we have the same genetic makeup that we get from my grandmother...but my mom is firmly low cal, low fat, low salt, low cholesterol, and high carb.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congratulations on being right, Shanny. Not that any of us EVER questioned it! ;)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We were totally not expecting this tho' . . . he's been eating the meals I provide without complaint, but we hadn't tumbled to the notion that it might be of some benefit to him! Doh! And he supplements occasionally with English muffins/ice cream/cold cereal/etc . . . so he's been getting more carbs than I, but definitely less than before.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I fully believe that our bodies NEED fat and cholesterol. It just makes sense to me to eat the basic and most natural foods and those include plenty of fat. Limiting eggs baffles me b/c they are nature's perfect food!

Sorry I can easily go off on a rant about that :)

I think it's awesome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts