The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say thank you John for your kind words. I haven't been sleeping well for the past two weeks. Waking up all hours of the night due to having a bit of a rat problem in our house. So I am stressed out from that. I also started taking melatonin to help sleep, and I wondered if that also would affect my levels, so I stopped taking it. Food wise, I haven't been eating anything that I haven't been before, but I am wondering if it just stress and lack of sleep. Could that affect my levels so much? I will start keeping a log again and see what, if anything, is making me go backwards like I am.

I do appreciate you taking the time to give me the ole "dust myself off" reminder. :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I take melatonin too and it doesn't affect my bg levels. Sorry about the rat problem. A few years ago we got pesky squirrels in our attic and I got no sleep at all.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If I don't keep a pretty tight sleep routine my BG goes up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks jwags. We are always getting critters in our house in the winter months. We live in a 100 year old house, so keeping the attic buttoned up to keep them out is a routine thing for us. This year they just seem to be more of a problem than usual. We have parrots, and the rats get into the living room and want to eat the seeds etc. Then they birds start freaking out, which wakes us up, and then it's like high alert all night. Hopefully we have caught most of them.

I am kind of thinking like Humhum, no proper sleep is equating my high levels.

I am thinking a hotel is looking pretty good soon...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts