The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I highly recommend viewing this presentation... here is one of the comments from Dr Eenfeldt's blog...
Having watched more than half of the lectures presented at the Ancestral Health Symposium, I have to say that your lecture was, by far, the most engaging, entertaining, and most clearly articulated lecture. I have watched numerous presentations on the efficacy of low carb diets over the years, and your presentation is the best of the best. You also had the most illustrative slide show, and I am glad that when you uploaded your video, that you took the time to edit your video to include your slides. You have really impressed me. I am going to make sure that whenever I get asked for advice about weight loss (which I get a lot from coworkers, after I lost over 50 lbs in 6 months using LCHF) or I get confronted by skeptics of low carb, I am going to show them your video.

What I love about your presentation is that it can be appreciated by those who do not have a sophisticated background in science. If we are going to create a grassroots movement to get LCHF to have mainstream acceptance, we need to have that message accessible to the masses. While I enjoyed the other lectures at the Ancestral Health Symposium, many of the presenters are so academically immersed in science, that they forget that for many in the population, what they have to say is too esoteric to understand. I am glad that you, as a doctor, understand the need for simplicity in order to ensure a broader comprehension, as well as compliance.

After viewing your presentation, I think it is safe to say that you will probably be one of the biggest names in the low carb movement. I am elated to have you as a advocate for this message. Keep up the good work Dr. Eenfeldt.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I watched it. It takes some time (over 50 minutes if you watch all the Q & A) but it's all good information. It's about time more people in the medical community were espousing this advice.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just watched this video a couple of days ago (I think the link was contained in a recipe thread lol). Yes it is awesome. I am having a bit of trouble getting my daughter to understand that higher fat is better than low fat. I gave her the link to his site and asked her to watch the video when she has time. I hope she does.
It really tells the story of how we got in this obesity epidemic.

Gretchen

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Yes, Dietdoctor (Kostdoktorn) was a turning point for me. Just about two weeks after diagnosis I started to follow the advice of reducing carbs given on the blog. Also had some brief e-mail correspondence with Andreas Eenfeldt and he wished me good luck. I follow the Swedish version and now and then make some comments. But I mainly write on this forum, because most of the followers on Dietdoctor are non diabetics.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
This is a great video. I have to object to his use of pictures of fat people to ridicule them and as a comment on how ugly fat Americans are, but overall he gave good advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts