The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that most of you have heard of the i-port. If you haven't then you may want to know that with this instrument you will take less injections a day. It is similar to the pump in only that respect. This may be helpful as a go between the syringe/pen to pump, to take less injections and to see how it feels, if you were considering a pump but if it is too costly for you at this time. I thought that I had put this on long before but I guess not. This product has been out for many years.

i-port? Injection Port

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wonder if this product is available over here. I filled out the request form in order to know.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thankyou Terrie for sharing this to us and a way of limiting injecting sites. :) Again I would have two as one for fast acting and the other for slow and I would just carry on to just injecting anyway and save money LOL

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not a pump and has no moving or programmable parts.

The i-port is just that. A port, to put the syringe needle into in order to inject the Insulin into the skin

The advantage is, if you like, that the i-port remains attached to the body similarly, as a pump does, so that a Person does not need to inject 5 or 6 times a day. Just once every 3 days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So has anyone tried this?
Anyone know the cost?
Thanks
Doug

QUOTE=Terrie;4955]It is not a pump and has no moving or programmable parts.

The i-port is just that. A port, to put the syringe needle into in order to inject the Insulin into the skin

The advantage is, if you like, that the i-port remains attached to the body similarly, as a pump does, so that a Person does not need to inject 5 or 6 times a day. Just once every 3 days.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So has anyone tried this?
Anyone know the cost?
Thanks
Doug

Hi There: :)

No, no one has mentioned about seeing anyone using the i-port. I
haven't heard of anyone use either.

You can phone the company up to see if the i-port is available to you.
You can ask for some free i-ports to try before you order. The call is toll-free.

I-Port Availability

As far as the cost, there is no easy answer there. Whoever wants the i-port has to get their Dr. to fill out their prescription order form. It asks for your Insurance company, if your Insurance company is paying for it and other info, of course. The form is printable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts