The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have moved up to two Metformin a day and the numbers have come down a little - I'm no longer testing 11 ish in the morning; it's usually 9.5 or a little higher. Apparently it's working.

I have also been documenting what I am eating every day... and discovered that all forms of pasta and rice seem to result in a 5-point or more spike. So less and less carbs for me. Joy!

Meeting with the Doc on Wed. to go over results so far.

What do you do about hunger cravings? I am trying to keep within the carb guideline that the dietitian established, but a person can only eat so many veggies to fill up. Do you have suggestions for filling snacks? Also finding it difficult to transition to a higher carb lunch than supper (I don't know why it's so difficult - I guess I'm craving carbs more at suppertime?)

Also, is there a trick to jabbing your finger? Mine have been getting sore, and I find that some fingers are more sensitive than others. I have been taking a day off from testing when they get really sensitive, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not.
Hunger cravings...what kind of carbs? Is it sweet or salty? You just might need to take the time to move more carbs to suppertime, it should take about a month. NO, test on alternate sites. Don't stop testing, skin is tougher than you think, even using your thumbs. Try and lance in the side of your fingers. Try using a new lancet everythime that you lance, the lancet is sharp.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Use the glycemic index.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.