The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a research study starting up which is collecting people's experiences with various diets and how that helped them control their diabetes (all types welcome). I just submitted my story (for SCIENCE!) and thought some of you may be interested in sharing as well. Below is the relevant potion of Jimmy Moore's post to give you an idea of what kind of info they are looking for. See his blog post for all the details.

This is an online effort to solicit people with diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) to share their experiences following a variety of diets designed to control or improve this disease. If you’ve tried the traditional diabetic diet (low-fat, high-carb) and then switched to a nutritional plan like the one promoted by Dr. Richard Bernstein for diabetics (high-fat, low-carb), then the researchers want to hear from YOU! Real-life examples from people with diabetes who have been able to successfully manage their disease with minimal medications simply by making changes in their diet are requested. You can be as verbose as you’d like to be in sharing your story in your own words. This will probably take about 15 minutes maximum to write, but feel free to be as thorough as you can be to provide the best results for PVP.

If you would be willing to share your experiences with diet as a therapy for managing your diabetes, then please e-mail your story to The Patient’s Voice Project Scientific Coordinator Michael Turchiano ([email protected]) and copy me on the e-mail as well ([email protected]). Be sure to include all the specific details of your situation, including when you were diagnosed with diabetes, what diets you have tried to deal with the disease, how long you were on each of the diets, whether you consulted with a doctor or other health care provider, what diet they recommended to treat your diabetes, how they responded to your nutritional choices, and any medical records relating to your diabetes diagnosis and treatment results you’d like to share. You control how much information you are willing to provide and the researchers will compile all the data from the submissions they receive. They especially want to hear from diabetics who have changed their diet from one to another and experienced a different outcome. They also want to know who or what influenced you to change nutritional plans for treating your diabetes. All of the information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purposes of this research.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I am sooooo gonna participate! Shared on Facebook.

Many thanks, Daytona! :D

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I jumped on this bandwagon too, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Thanks for "bumping" this post up!

My humble belief is that it would be a Good Thing for ALL of us to participate!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts